I went to the new fertility clinic today and got a second opinion. I am kicking myself for waiting this long. For waiting until we are out of money.
I had a baseline at my usual office this morning. After encountering The Wand, I was told that I had no cysts and that the uterine lining looked ok, but that I would probably have a bit heavier period than a withdrawal bleed during my medications this time. That all sounded routine, so I went on my merry way, got some work done, and then headed to the new clinic for a consultation.
Unknown to me, the consultation includes a physical and an ultrasound. 2 Wands in one day – we’re setting new infertility records here, people.
Anyway, I digress. I liked this doctor. She was clearly smart and thorough. She asked a lot of questions and answered a lot of questions. And then it was time to see The Wand. And she clearly identified that I DO have ovarian cysts – in both ovaries. And they didn’t develop in the few hours between this morning’s appointment and this afternoon’s appointment. I saw them clear as day on the ultrasound. Then she looked at my uterus – and there was a darker white spot which she said looked like it could be a polyp. The size wasn’t able to be determined, but she said they would check it before proceeding with any cycles if I go to that clinic. I guess they put a tiny camera in there and see what it is and how big to determine if it needs to be removed prior to and cycling. And if it does, then you get a little bit of surgery to remove it.
She also was generally very thorough about my vaccinations, and making sure that I have another oddity (which even in this blog, I’m not telling!), checked out by my OB.
I got there thinking there was probably nothing else they could tell me, but left thinking that I absolutely have to go there for the rest of my treatment, no matter how short lived the remainder is. That’s my best chance.
We really cannot afford another IVF, so IUI is our only choice. I have to find out how much they charge for it at the new office, but it’s probably on par with what I was paying, so it won’t likely be an issue. I know my time is limited for trying – but, I am not going down without a fight.